+91 22 61237272
Neerav Merchant has over 22 years of experience in dispute resolution, arbitration, litigation, enforcement of foreign judgments and awards, asset recovery, technology and telecommunication, intellectual property, employment, anti-corruption, and real property matters.
Neerav regularly speaks at several international forums, including seminars and conferences hosted by Asian Legal Business, International Bar Association and Law Society of England and Wales. His name is mentioned in the database of Mumbai Centre for International Arbitration.
Recently, Neerav has:
- Represented Jeumont SA in enforcing in India an ICC arbitration award.
- Represented SABIC UK Petrochemicals Limited on its ongoing dispute with Punj Lloyd Limited at the Delhi High Court.
- Advised Rofu (H.K.) Limited on Indian employment laws with special reference to the impact of foreign exchange and income tax laws on the foreign parent employing personnel in India.
- Represented Morgan Stanley Advantage Services Private Limited on its application to the Department of Telecommunications, Government of India to permit limited liability partnerships to be registered as an “other services provider.”
- Represented Wockhardt Limited in various civil and criminal litigation matters in India, and advised on regulatory issues.
- General Commercial
- Real Property
- Disputes (Litigation and Arbitration)
- Technology, Media and Telecommunications
- Manufacturing and Industrial
- Pharmaceuticals and Life sciences
- BCom, Jai Hind College, University of Mumbai (1993)
- LLB, KC Law College, University of Mumbai (1996)
- Bar Council of Delhi
- Bombay Incorporated Law Society
- International Bar Association
- Inter Pacific Bar Association (Vice Chair, Dispute Resolution and Arbitration Committee)
- Chambers Asia Pacific
- Chambers Global
- Asialaw Leading Lawyers
- Who’s Who Legal
- Practical Law Company and Indian Lawyer 250