Ravi S. Raghavan
+91 22 61237272
Ravi S. Raghavan has more than 25 years of experience in corporate tax advisory work, business re-organizations, international taxation (investment and fund structuring, repatriation strategies, treaty analysis, advance rulings, exchange control regulations, FPI taxation), tax litigation services and other tax issues (including withholding taxes, capital gains tax, permanent establishment concerns, employee taxation, and tax holiday schemes).
Ravi has spoken at different forums on various tax matters, including at the Annual India Tax Forum in New Delhi, and at the Annual Symposium on India’s Taxation Regime at the National Law School of India University, Bangalore.
Recently, Ravi has:
- Advised Builder Homesite, Inc. on tax structuring, intermediate holding company structures and transfer pricing issues in relation to acquisition of Indian entities.
- Advised Bose Corporation on Indian permanent establishment issues relating to its Indian subsidiary’s new reporting structure on account of global reorganization within the Bose group and the legal methods to mitigate the permanent establishment risk with specific reference to the India-Singapore double taxation avoidance agreement.
- Advised Lumiata, Inc. on Indian transfer pricing and permanent establishment issues in relation to its Indian subsidiary.
- Advised Baidu (Hong Kong) Limited on tax issues in relation to the establishment of a subsidiary in India.
- Advised NantHealth Inc. on tax issues in relation to the sale of its Indian subsidiary to Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, Inc.
- Investment Structuring and Repatriation Strategy
- Corporate Tax Advisory and Litigation
- Fund Formation
- Pharmaceuticals and Life sciences
- Financial Services and Insurance
- BSc (Chemistry), Guru Nanak Khalsa College, University of Mumbai (1990)
- LLB, D.G. Ruparel College of Arts, Science and Commerce, University of Mumbai (1993)
- LLB, D.G. Ruparel College of Arts, Science and Commerce, University of Mumbai (1995)
- Master of management studies, University of Mumbai (1997)
- Bar Council of Maharashtra and Goa
- Asialaw Leading Lawyers
- Chambers Asia Pacific Legal 500
- International Tax Review
- Tax Directors Handbook
- Who’s Who Legal Corporate Tax - Controversy
- World Tax