Partner and Head - M&A Practice Group
+91 22 61237272
Rukshad Davar has over 19 years of experience in corporate/M&A, competition and tax matters, and has advised on complex domestic and cross-border mergers, acquisitions, corporate restructurings, joint ventures, private equity investments, strategic investments, asset sales and purchases, slump sales and hive-offs, corporate advisory matters, income tax and tax treaty issues, and real property matters.
Rukshad regularly speaks at corporate, M&A and other forums, including conferences convened by the International Bar Association and the International Association for Young Lawyers (AIJA.)
Recently, Rukshad has:
- Advised Intertape Polymer Group Inc. on corporate issues in relation to its joint venture company, Powerband Industries Private Limited.
- Represented Otsuka Pharmaceuticals Factory Inc. on its acquisition of an additional stake of 20% in its existing joint venture company, Otsuka Pharmaceutical India Private Limited from Claris Lifesciences Limited.
- Represented Fluidmaster Inc. on its investment in a joint venture company in India.
- Represented Roto-Die Company, Inc. on its indirect acquisition of Electro Optic (Asia) Private Limited and restructuring of its Indian subsidiaries.
- Represented Altas Copco AB on the sale of the road construction equipment business owned by its Indian affiliate, Atlas Copco (India) Limited to Fayat group.
- Represented EX2 Solutions Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Builder Homesite, Inc., in the purchase of the business of Deznu Technologies Private Limited through a business transfer agreement.
United Retirement Plan Consultants, Inc.on their investment and tax structuring in India in relation to the proposed acquisition of MGA Consultants in Baltimore, Maryland, for cash and stock.
- Banking and Finance
- Inbound Investments Into India
- Private Equity and Venture Capital
- Consumer and Retail
- Financial Services and Insurance
- Manufacturing and Industrial
- Pharmaceuticals and Life sciences
- BCom, HR College of Commerce and Economics, University of Mumbai (1995)
- LLB, KC Law College, University of Mumbai (1998) Chartered Accountant (inactive) (1998)
- England and Wales (inactive)
- Bar Council of Maharashtra and Goa
- Bombay Incorporated Law Society
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
- International Bar Association
- International Association for Young Lawyers (AIJA)
- Chambers Asia Pacific
- Asia Leading Lawyers
- Runner up for the Partner of Year award at IDEX Legal Awards