Majmudar & Partners’ employment law practice is one of the best in India, and has been so recognized by several legal research directories. The core work comprises advising and drafting employment and consultancy agreements; structuring HR policies for organizations; advising on retrenchment and termination of employees; advising on contract labour laws and local Shops and Establishments Acts; structuring stock options and employee benefits agreements; and counseling companies on the practical aspects of Indian employment laws.
Recently, we have assisted:
- United Retirement Plan consultants, Inc. on complex Indian employment law issues in regard to an entity to be incorporated in India.
- Solmax International Asia Pacific Sdn. Bhd. on Indian employment law issues in connection with termination of employment of a senior level employee.
- CHEP South Africa on Indian employment law issues in connection with its Indian subsidiary, CHEP India Private Limited.
- Goglio S.p.A., Italy in drafting a comprehensive agreement for a senior level employee of its Indian subsidiary.
- Rofu (HK) Ltd. on Indian employment laws with special reference to the impact of foreign exchange and income tax laws on the foreign parent employing personnel in India and in preparing a detailed employment contract for such employment.
- H&R Block on Indian corporate and tax law issues in relation to the grant of employee stock options to certain employees of its Indian subsidiary, and certain sexual harassment matters in India.
- Empaxis Data Management on Indian employment law issues in connection with its Indian subsidiary, Empaxis Data Management India Private Limited, and in drafting and finalizing employment agreements, a comprehensive human resources manual for its employees, and payroll and recruitment agreements.
- Essence Group Holding Corporation on the release and separation of the employees of its Indian group company, Lumeris India Private Limited, which is being wound-up.
- Hearfon Systems Private Limited on drafting an offer letter and also advising on a matter where a resigned employee had filed a complaint with the labour authorities.
- Valagro S.p.A on drafting and finalisation of a country manager and whole-time director agreement for its subsidiary company in Hyderabad, and on the legal requirements and issues related to termination of employees in India.